Special Valentine’s Day Dishes To Make The Day Memorable | Herbal Goodness
Nothing screams special as much as settling down to make a meal for the ones you love. Valentine’s day is an internationally celebrated holiday that is all about showing and receiving love. Amidst the thoughts of grand gestures to make our loved ones gush and feel the warmth of our feelings towards them, we might get confused as to what to do or even how to go about it. Herbal Goodness comes through for Valentine’s this year by giving you a thoughtfully compiled list of healthy, wholesome meals to surprise your loved ones with and make the day memorable.
So, here goes…
Steak with Creamy Mushrooms and Spinach¹
- 2 (12-ounce) strip steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves skin-on garlic, plus 2 cloves finely chopped, divided
- 1 sprig rosemary, plus 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary, divided
- 12 oz. ounces assorted mushrooms (such as oyster, shiitake, and cremini), quartered
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems discarded and leaves roughly chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 c. crème fraîche or sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Heat a medium-size cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add steak, skin-on garlic, and rosemary sprig. Cook, turning once, until browned, 4 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and roast to desired doneness, 3 to 6 minutes for medium. Transfer steaks to a cutting board, loosely tent with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat (make sure to keep an oven mitt on the handle). Add mushrooms and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened and starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add chopped garlic and chopped rosemary and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add mustard and wine. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 30 seconds. Transfer mushrooms to a plate. Add spinach to skillet and cook, tossing, until beginning to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in crème fraîche and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sliced steak
Valentine Party Punch Recipe²
- 2 cans frozen raspberry lemonade (use only 2/3 the amount of water)
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda
- Herbal Goodness Graviola leaf extract liquid
- 1/2 gallon raspberry sherbet/sorbet
- raspberries for garnish
- In a large pitcher mix raspberry lemonade, add in the Graviola leaf extract liquid as desired, only using 2/3 the amount of water called for in the instructions.
- Let raspberry lemonade and lemon-lime soda chill before serving.
- When ready to serve, add raspberry lemonade and lemon-lime soda (equal parts) into a punch bowl.
- Add scoops of sherbet/sorbet to the punch bowl.
- Garnish with raspberries.
Cupid’s Hot Chocolate Recipe³
- ¼ a cup of Sugar
- 6 cubes of Baker's White Chocolate
- 2 pinches of Salt
- ¼ a cup of Hot Water
- ¾ of a quart of Strawberry Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 5 drops of Pink Food Coloring
- Herbal Goodness Guava leaf extract liquid for added nutritional value
- Whip Cream for topping
- Sprinkles for topping
- Start by adding sugar, chocolate, salt, and water to a saucepan.
- Stir on medium heat until melted and combined well.
- Add in strawberry milk and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add in food coloring, Guava leaf extract liquid as desired and stir well.
- Top with whip cream and sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
BROCCOLI GARLIC PASTA⁴
- 1 lb Broccoli
- 1 lb Pasta (Angel hair or Spaghetti)
- 3 tbsp Butter (coconut oil or olive oil for vegan version)
- Herbal Goodness Papaya seed powder (an awesome substitute for black pepper)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 bulb Garlic cloves (around 8) finely chopped
- 3 cups Water (or any stock of your choice)
- 1 Bouillon (check tips)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese or vegan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to package instructions.
- Drain it and keep it aside. (You can use the water in which the pasta is cooked to prepare the sauce below.)
- Cut the broccoli florets from the stem and transfer them to a bowl.
- Finely chop the stem and transfer it to another bowl.
- In a pan on medium heat add butter and olive oil. Add the garlic cloves and saute just until it becomes light in color.
- Add broccoli stems, water, bouillon, and salt to taste. Cover and cook it for about 10 to 12 minutes till the stem becomes tender.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook till they become slightly green and tender (approx 3 minutes)
- Toss the cooked pasta, sprinkle in your Herbal Goodness papaya seed powder, Parmesan cheese into the sauce above and mix till combined.
- Broccoli Garlic Pasta is ready. Serve and enjoy.
- If you like it spicy, add little crushed pepper flakes.
- If you are using stock (vegetable, chicken, beef) skip adding bouillon. Add it only if you are using water instead of stock.
- If you see that water dries out while cooking the stem, add a little more and continue cooking till it becomes tender.
Heart-Shaped Raspberry Rolls⁵
- 1 cup lukewarm whole milk
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant yeast
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups (15.75 ounces) all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 10- ounce package of frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven
- For the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add all the dough ingredients and stir until combined. Turn the mixer on medium speed and knead for 5 minutes, or until smooth. Remove dough to a floured work surface, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- For the filling: In a medium bowl toss frozen raspberries with sugar, cornstarch, and orange zest.
- After the dough has rested, use a floured rolling pin to roll it out into a 9 by 15-inch rectangle. Spread evenly with raspberry mixture. Starting on the long side, tightly roll the dough up, stopping at the center. Roll the other side up, stopping when two sides meet in the middle. Gently press together.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut off ends, then cut dough into 10 equal pieces. Shape pieces into hearts by pinching the bottom of the roll between two fingers into a point.
- Place in a greased pie pan, with points toward the center, or place in a greased 9 by a 13-inch baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
- For the icing: While rolls cool, place chocolate hazelnut spread into a zip-top bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Drizzle spread over rolls just before serving.
- www.countryliving.com/food-drinks. Steak with creamy mushrooms and spinach recipe. Accessed on December 13, 2020.
- www.lizoncall.com. Valentine party punch. Accessed on JAN 31 2019.
- www.crispyfoodidea.com. Easy valentine's day recipes. Accessed on August 4, 2021.
- www.cookwithkushi.com. broccoli garlic pasta recipe. Accessed on March 3, 2020.
- www.handletheheat.com. Heart-shaped-raspberry-rolls. Accessed on February 6, 2015.