Your Detox Journey with Papaya Seeds | Herbal Goodness
Being alive in the 21st century means constantly being exposed to a wide range of contaminants. From gases, fumes, pollutants, and even additives in foods and beverages, we really can't escape these "extras" getting into our bodies and entering our bloodstream. But we can control how they affect our bodies and how long they remain within our systems. Thankfully, we live in times where people are taking charge of their health and wellness by being proactive in terms of supplementary dieting, exercising, and regular detox. It's no wonder the internet is flooded with search histories filled with inquiries on the best detox methods or best foods and supplements for detox and even safe detox practices...the list goes on. It is essential to note however that while detoxifying is very important, doing it right should also be at the fore of our minds. Going about detoxification the wrong way can affect our excretory organs and systems the wrong way as well as limit the quality of life. This is why using nature's superfoods at our disposal is the best and safest way to detoxify. You might ask what superfoods are best for embarking on a detox journey.
Well, let's talk papaya seeds!
Papaya is a low-calorie sweet-tasting fruit that’s full of vitamins and minerals. And the best part is you can enjoy every part of the fruit, from its flesh to its seeds. However, many people often discard its seeds and favor the fruit’s sweet flesh. Papaya seeds are black and have a shiny, wet, and slimy covering. If you remove this covering, you can feel the rough black seeds. They are slightly bitter and peppery in taste.
Just like the fruit itself, Papaya seeds are edible and can be eaten as part of a diet or used as an ingredient in preparing meals. Papaya seeds contain a variety of essential micronutrients. They’re especially high in polyphenols and flavonoids, two compounds that act as antioxidants to help promote your health by fighting free radicals to prevent oxidative stress.¹ What’s more, papaya seeds pack a good amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, including oleic acid
According to one study, a diet high in monounsaturated fatty acids could decrease cholesterol levels.
Papaya seeds also serve as a great source of fiber. Increased intake of fiber can support healthy blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels.
Removing toxins involves cleansing and supporting the liver, kidneys, and gallbladder. These organs are our main excretory organs and help the body remove toxic substances; which is anything that the body can’t make use of. Research shows that eating papaya seeds could protect and preserve the health and function of your kidneys.
How to Detox Using Papaya Seeds
- Detoxification of Liver: Papaya seeds detoxify the liver easily within a month and increase the appetite mainly in the elderly and kids. Papaya seeds prevent free radical production in the liver cell and easily generate new cells. Papaya seeds consist of myrosinase (an enzyme), which activates the cytochrome P 450 isoenzyme in the liver. Papaya seed contains papain, it can dissolve and clean out the dead tissues without altering the activity of the good cells. For a traditional recipe that can be used for 3 weeks, it is recommended to use the Herbal Goodness Papaya seed powder sachet. Mix in with water, juices, smoothies, and even yogurt. During this period, water intake should be approximately 3-4 liters daily.
- Detoxification of Kidney: The kidney is mainly responsible for filtering whole toxins produced during metabolism. We all are exposed to a wide variety of unwanted toxins, which results in their deposition and hence causes health concerns in the body especially the kidney such as reduction in filtering capacity. This is essentially why detoxifying is necessary as it may help to boost kidney health and support wellness.
Detoxifying using Herbal Goodness Papaya Seeds:
- Herbal Goodness Papaya Seed capsules can be taken one capsule with a glass of water after food, twice a day. These capsules come in an easy-to-swallow vegetarian form which makes them suitable for vegans as well.
- Herbal Goodness Papaya Seed Sachet can be taken by steeping 1 tea bag in 8oz of flash boiled water for 5-8 minutes. Sweeten as desired. For a stronger effect, use 2 tea bags. Drink 2 to 3 times a day.
- Herbal Goodness Papaya seed extract liquid comes with a glass dropper and rubber bulb for easy dispensing can be easily carried in your purse or gym bag for convenient daily use. Liquid supplements are processed through the digestive system faster and absorb in your bloodstream faster than pills. Further, studies show that your body absorbs a higher percentage of minerals and vitamins that come in liquid form.
- www.healthline.com/nutrition/papaya-seeds#nutrition. Papaya seeds. Accessed on April 20, 2020.