Include the superfruit Graviola (soursop) in your diet this year through these delicious recipes!
We've discussed the benefits of Graviola, also known as soursop, on this blog. In fact, we created a whole new sister company called Herbal Graviola because we believe so much in the health benefits of this funky looking fruit.
Herbal Graviola has been busy in the kitchen, trying out tasty flavor combinations and figuring out the best and most unique ways to include this super fruit in daily meals. We're excited to share that work with all of you, and give you a few recipes that you can try out yourself in 2017.
If you'd like a refresher on exactly why Graviola is so amazing for you - please read this article here. Are you ready to introduce Graviola into your life this year? Then try our Smoothies. Have you tried soursop before? Or download our FREE Recipe Smoothie E-Book
PORK RIBS IN SOURSOP AND MISO BROTH (PALEO-FRIENDLY) - BY HERBAL GRAVIOLA
1 Kg Pork Spare Ribs, cut into individual ribs
200 g Graviola Fruit, peeled, deseeded, and cut into chunks
½ Cup Miso Paste
2 pcs. Shallots, peeled, quartered
1 thumb-sized pc. Ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
4 pcs. Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
1 pc. Radish, peeled, cut into chunks
1 stalk Lemongrass
- Combine all ingredients except for mustard leaves and fish sauce in a pot.
- Simmer for 40 minutes or until pork ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove lemongrass and add in fresh whole mustard leaves before serving.
CURRY-PRAWN SALAD IN SPICY GRAVIOLA DRESSING (PALEO-FRIENDLY) - BY HERBAL GRAVIOLA
For the Salad
250g Prawns, peeled, deveined
1 tbsp. Curry Powder
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Cucumber, cut into thin strips
2 Red Onions, thinly sliced
1 c Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
For the Dressing
½ Cup Graviola puree
Juice of 1 Lime
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Bird’s Eye Chilis, finely chopped
¼ Cup Honey
¼ Cup Sesame Oil
¼ Cup Olive Oil
1 bunch Cilantro, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
- Marinate prawns in curry powder, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the graviola dressing. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Pan-fry shrimps in a lightly oiled pan for about a minute on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool completely.
- Toss the cooled shrimp and salad vegetables with the prepared salad dressing.
MINTY GRAVIOLA POPSICLES - BY HERBAL GRAVIOLA
2 cups of Graviola pulp, seeds removed
1 cup water
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- Combine water, syrup, and mint leaves in a small stockpot.
- Boil until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Take off the heat, and allow to steep for about 30 minutes.
- Puree mint syrup and graviola pulp in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until fully set.
* Substitute honey for white sugar for Paleo-friendly version.
GRAVIOLA AND ROSE WATER CHIA SEED PUDDING - BY HERBAL GRAVIOLA
1 cup Graviola puree
1 cup Heavy Cream
½ cup Honey
2 tbsp. Rose Water
6 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- In a bowl, whisk heavy cream, graviola puree, honey, and rose water.
- Add in chia seeds, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Ladle into individual bowls, and garnish with fresh mint leaves or additional fresh fruit.
* Substitute almond milk for heavy cream for Paleo-friendly version.
COCO-MILK GRAVIOLA SORBET (PALEO-FRIENDLY) - BY HERBAL GRAVIOLA
2 cups of Coconut Cream
250 g Graviola Fruit, peeled, seeds removed
¼ cup Honey
- Combine coconut cream, graviola, and honey in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a deep tray, cover, and put in the freezer for four hours or until slushy but not totally frozen solid.
- Take out of the freezer and whisk until smooth.
- Cover and put back in the freezer overnight or until totally frozen.
- Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
GRAVIOLA (SOURSOP) BANANA AND MANGO MINTY ICE CREAM - BY HERBAL GRAVIOLA
This delicious graviola smoothie medley from Herbal Graviola will keep you energized all day.
1 pack of frozen Herbal Graviola's Organic Graviola purée (2-2oz)
1 cup frozen mango chunks
6 oz of almond milk, rice milk or juice (you can also use water)
2-3 cubes of ice
In a blender, blend all the ingredients together for 1 minute. Sweeten with honey or sugar as desired. Drink and enjoy! Read up more Recipes here.